- reducing the complexity or number of steps required to perform a task,
- providing the performance information needed to perform a task, or
- providing a decision support system that enables identification of the action that is appropriate for a particular set of conditions.
INTERLOCKS modeling and simulation tool is used to create performance support systems. The large database of system information provides in-depth understanding of operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting tasks. Through its event relationships and specific application features, users are guided to various aspects of related information including graphics and system simulation. The application is an interactive learning experience helping users to perform tasks with minimum support and intervention from other people.
An INTERLOCKS ePSS:
- Uses directed questioning to mentor users and reduce complexity
- Embeds external procedures and pertinent information
- Provides “what-if” capabilities to promote decision making
- Provides in-advance and just-in-time training